Adios 2020! You won't soon be forgotten, that's for sure.
Aloha 2021! In the spirit of getting things off on the right foot, I'm posting the books I read right on time!
Only 17 books this year. Gonna blame too much binge watching of TV shows and a lot of time riding my bike. I seem to be rapidly falling away from my goal of reading 50 books a year.
Particular highlights were The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson and The Plot Against America by Philip Roth. The Roth book was pretty frightening given current cirumstances.
But let's not end on a bad note. Here's to a new year!
- Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson (4 stars)
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead (5 stars)
- The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson (4 stars)
- Of Love and Dust by Ernest J. Gaines (5 stars)
- Interior Chinatown by Charles Yu (5 stars)
- Wow, No Thank You.</ Samantha Irby (5 stars)
- The Mirage by Matt Ruff (3 stars)
- The Plot Against America by Philip Roth (5 stars)
- Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf (4 stars)
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates (5 stars)
- Lost Children Archive by - Valeria Luiselli (5 stars)
- The Outsider by Stephen King (4 stars)
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein (3 stars)
- The Ten Thousand Things by Maria Dermoût (4 stars)
- Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson (5 stars)
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson (5 stars)
- The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1) by Liu Cixin (3 stars)
You can see the other years here in case you missed them.